Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Elections

So, I'm the official "Go to the Election Board" person at our station. It used to be fun. Until the night of Feb. 5, 2008. That was probably the funnest election night I've been to since Brad won the District 2 seat. That was a blast. That's the first time Brad hugged me. Seriously, if any of you see him, let him know I'm still willing to buy a beret and blue dress to get him in the White House.

Anyway, the first fun time going to the Tulsa Election Board was the night of the river vote. I met Jason that night. He is ok looking, smart and our politics match. He asked for my number, then never called. Bastard. So the next time I went to the ol' election board - Nicole went with me. That was Feb. 5. We had a blast, Nicole, Jason and me. He again asked for my number - said he had a scoop on a really good story. This time I only wrote down my work number. Not going to be fooled again. He probably has a couple girlfriends somewhere. Anyway, 2 days later he called my cell phone. Bastard had my number all this time and didn't call. I wanted to be upset, but really couldn't - after all I have a landlord for odd jobs around the house and a really nice rabbit for anything else. Turns out his scoop was a lead story two nights in a row. Thanks Jason. And guess what, while we talked several times a day for about 3 days, he hasn't called since. That's ok too - he probably can't cuddle anywhere near the quality of Roger Clemens.

I half expected to see him last night. But instead I was forced to talk to Barbie and some chick that has only lived in Tulsa a month. Both are from competing stations so conversation was kept to a minimum.

That's all for now, I'm off to the staff lunch of tacos.

Long days and pleasant nights.

No comments: