Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Awesome Boss...

Late yesterday afternoon, I was at my desk minding my own business when Carlton walked by and said "what did you do today that made me happy?" It caught me off-guard so my reply was a very blunt "What?" Followed him in his office and he asked the question again.

I have never been asked that question before. And honestly couldn't think of a darn thing I had done that would make him particularly happy. So I replied that I had actually come to work. According to Carlton that is expected and doesn't necessarily make him happy. I honestly couldn't think of anything. It was a normal day. Monday morning payroll stuff. Regular Monday afternoon meetings. Nothing out-of-the-ordinary.

So this morning, I take a stack of bills in his office to be signed off. First bill was for pagers. I pointed out that in the last 3 months I have shaved over $200 a month from that bill. He announced that I had made him happy! Well being Blue - you know how that made me feel. So then he discovered that I had arranged to meet with Frank this afternoon to learn what some of the Weather statements actually mean. Again, I'm told he is happy.

When the third "I'm happy" rolled around, I asked for a pay raise. Turns out he was "happy" that I was bold enough to ask. But then laughed. Darn.

But, I'm BLUE and he told me 4 different times that I made him happy, so that makes me extremely happy.

Long days and pleasant nights.

No comments: