Thursday, March 13, 2008

New to Me Artist

I was doing my usual stroll over to Straggler country today. I must admit haven't been there in a couple of days. To my surprise and total pleasure, they have announced a joint concert tour for April and May.

From the Stragglers: "Jason Boland and Aaron Watson, two of Texas’ hottest touring acts, announced this week that they will be joining forces for fifteen shows in April and May. Both acts have earned their reputations as some of the hardest working acts in Country music. Both artists keep up a tour schedule regularly performing in excess of 200 shows a year to sell out crowds. This is the first time in recent history that two “marquee” Texas headliners have hooked up for a full-blown tour spanning the course of any significant amount of time."

I don't recall ever hearing of Aaron Watson. So my first reaction was to ask Jo if "we" like his music. Then I thought, that's crazy, just google him and find out for yourself. So I did and I do! This fella is as country as Boland. Coming from me, you know that's pretty damn country. I can see myself two-stepping and toe tapping to this music. And Aaron isn't too hard on the eyes either. Can't wait to see his show. You can hear his music on his MySpace page. http://www.myspace.com/aaronwatson

Other good news from my Boys from Oklahoma... they are scheduled to release the new cd Labor day. You can bet I'll have mine on order the first day possible.

1 comment:

JoJo said...

Yes "we" like Aaron - quite a lot. Were you not at the Pat show at the Cains that he opened??? I thought you were.... Regardless - Good show!