Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hawaiian Dreams...

Nicole sent these pictures to her dad and me just now.
My initial reaction was tears. I still see Nicole as that little baby that I had no clue how to take care of. She wasn't even home 24 hours when she rolled off the couch the first time.

Her first taste of whiskey came in her bottle during teething. You see Mom told me to soak her gums in whiskey to relieve the pain. I thought she meant put a shot of whiskey in the baby's bottle. It worked - she slept all night.
Then there were the endless dance lessons and recitals and competitions. The piano lessons that she hated. The softball games. She is still that little girl carrying the candles down the aisle as an acolyte.

Little did we know that her love for the saxophone would lead her to meeting the love of her life.
Throughout junior high and high school Nicole and Ryan became best friends. Their relationship has survived her student council dictatorship, her reign as Miss Pryor and even the fact that she is running the dorms at OU.
Nicole and Ryan are stabling forces for each other. This team will go far in life.
The only sadness in this story is that Nannie had promised to dance at their wedding. Well, Nannie, our little Nicole is marrying her prince. I know you are smiling.
Long days and pleasant nights...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Cherie