Thursday, February 21, 2008

What a Summer It Will Be

Last weekend of April kicks off the Summer of Concerts tour that Jo and I will be embarking on.

First up will be the Calf Fry where all our favorite Texas Country type people will be performing. In case you don't know - Jason Boland, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Pat Green and various others.

Memorial weekend will find me in Eufaula with Patty and Jimmy at the 2nd Annual whatever the hell they are calling it - Jason Boland and Cross Canadian Ragweed. Last Memorial Day weekend was the first ever concert at the new amphitheater and I think the folks hosting the event was surprised at the totally full concert area. We braved mud up to our knees to see these guys and weren't dissappointed. This year they've added JB and the Stragglers. I'm getting my tickets early. This was also Jimmy and Patty's introduction to Texas Country. Of course they have never been to a Boland concert. Patty, don't worry when I dissappear - I can't be in the same area as JB and not be at the stage.

Next up - Country Fever. The two nights I'm terribly excited about are Friday - Texas Country night and Sunday - Willie. Don't really need to say more than that. I've already been approved vacation for Friday and Monday. I plan to enjoy every freakin' minute of Willie.

Then, yesterday I found out that Willie is indeed having his picnic this year. Hot Dog! And it's in San Antonio. Can you say ROAD TRIP? Missy, you're gonna love being single with us!

Long days and pleasant nights.

No comments: