Monday, February 04, 2008

Texified?

Yep, you are seeing correctly...
Right there in the middle of my "bar" stuff. Small collection that it is... is a genuine Lone Star State, state of the art, plastic Texas Star drinking glass!
This in no way makes me a flip-flopper.
Let me 'splain.
I was in Walmart today. Which we all agree is Redneck Heaven. I'm shopping for stuff to organize our Chief Photographers storage bin. I might mention at this point that other than Jo, he is the only 100% die-hard Texan I have actually met in my lifetime. Anywho, while shopping, my eyes wondered to the clearance area. What happened to be there, you guessed it, genuine, Lone Star State, state-of-the-art plastic Texas Star drinking glasses. (They might actually be Texas Flag - what do I know, I'm still a disciple and don't have much of an attention span)
So naturally since they were on clearance and would surely be completely gone if I waited until my next trip to Walmart, I purchased two sets. That makes eight whole glasses. Then I decided to "surprise" Jo with the purchase. You know she has had such an awful life before this purchase.
I did manage to keep the purchase a "secret" all the way to the parking lot. That's a miracle for me.
So, next time you are at Jo's, ask to drink out of the "good" glassware.
Long days and pleasant nights.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

JoJo said...

I likeeee i really likeee