Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend Wrap & Futures

Jo once told me one of my finer qualities is that I know when I'm not in the mood to party and stay home, thus enabling the others in our crew to have fun. Well, I thought I was in the mood to party Saturday night. Even drank enough damn Captain Morgan to ensure a real party mood. And possibly a coma.

But once we were inside the Wormy Dog and up at the stage, well the party mood became a mood of uhm disbelief and old age. The band - Reckless Kelly really rocked. Too bad no one noticed other than us and a handful of others. In fact the side show were the Paris Hilton wanna-bee's dancing on the bar and the boy (all of 12) literally raping his girlfriend front stage-center. I abandonced Jo about mid-way thru the set to go the the girl's room. Normally I would've pushed and shoved my way back to her. I mean, Willie needed my support and he performs better knowing I'm there. Anywho, it just didn't seem worth it. After all, I wasn't the one with a zealous boyfriend. So I stayed near stage left. And actually by some kids that really were fans. I'm thinking that is the fastest we have exited a concert event. Fun yet weird night.

Nicole - Your generation is extremely scary.

On to more fun topics - This is the week my family from the extreme south show up! More on that later. I still have to eat lunch, round of the dauchshunds and mozie back to work.

Long days and pleasant nights.

No comments: