Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Traffic Jam at 4 AM?

As you know, I’ve been working with the morning crew. Today we went to Sallisaw. I drove myself since I had to be back at the station to cover for Darrean and do the rest of my regular job. I’ve also discovered they really don’t need me until around 5:30. So I stopped at QT for gas and coffee and then was on my way by 3:45ish. As I top a hill barely on the Muskogee turnpike, I’m stopped by a semi literally parked in the middle of the turnpike. I had seen what can only be described as a plethora of emergency vehicles so stopping to me seemed to be the logical thing to do. Then immediately I called the station. There had been a semi crash and evidently it had caught fire. Exactly an hour and 15 minutes later – I was able to confirm that indeed there was a shell of a truck on the side of the road. Needless to say, instead of arriving at my destination at 5:15ish, let’s say it was more like 6:20ish. Tomorrow we are off to Pawnee. Hopefully no more excitement on the road will happen.

Long Day and Pleasant Nights to ye…

No comments: