Thursday, May 03, 2007

I know Horses, Damnit


This isn’t going to be a very long blog. The new sweeps hours are about to kill me, and Millie swears she gets absolutely no attention now. I did have to blog about today’s trip though…

We were in Pawnee. This weekend is their annual Pawnee Bill Wild West Show. It was fun. There were horses, tractors, people in Wild West outfits, even a couple of gunslingers. One horse was a bay, mind you not anything as handsome or loving as my Strait, however he was mild-mannered and very tired, kept yawning. Then there was an appaloosa – the one in the picture. Yes, I had to call Jo and ask what the horse that looked like a Dalmatian was. Then when I saw a horse that I thought was very pretty, and I had never seen like it before, I asked the self-described wrangler what kind of horse it was. He looked at me and said “the kind with 4 legs.” I replied that I knew that so then he kindly told me it was a quarter horse. Well hell, anyone that has spent more than 5 minutes with Jo could tell you that, so I’m pretty much a damn expert. So at that point I was a bit fed up with this so-called cowboy that pegged me for nothing but a City Girl – pointed at the not as handsome or bright as my Strait and said, “that’s a Bay, what is this?” Well he became a bit nicer and said something about spotted gray or some crazy something. Then we began swapping horse stories, you know I have so many.


Anyway, the morning was fun, a bit muddy, but fun. Then I spent a very long day at the station.

No comments: