Friday, May 11, 2007

Mother's Day

I've been a bit down this week. Sunday is Mother's Day, my daughter will be working and unable to join the BBQ fun with the rest of the family. The whole morning thing is beginning to wear on me in ways that I can't go into online. I think only 2 people read this, but well, you never know when something from your blog will be printed in a newspaper in say, California. So, I'll keep most of my thoughts to myself.


This is finals week at OU and move-out is going on. So Nicole has been very busy and stressed. However, for some reason has also found the time to call and just "chat" with her mother, several days this week. Only one phone call being for money. I found this suspicious.


Today, I woke up at the absolutely ungodly hour of 3:30 am. I was terribly surprised when my phone rang and it was Nicole at 4am. She claims that she hadn't been to bed yet and just wanted to make sure I would actually be at the station today to call and wake her for class or something. Again suspicious but, she is 20.


The rest of the morning wasn't so good. I went to QT for coffee - all the pots were turned off. So I'm off to Bristow, coffeeless. Which explains why I took the wrong exit off the turnpike and ended up back in Sapulpa, adding 30 minutes to my 30 minute drive. GGGRRRR


Finally made it to the station around 7:15am. Started to leave around 10am to run an errand for Chris Lincoln, when I was called to the lobby. Those beautiful tulips you see in the picture were waiting for me. They came with a card saying "Love you momma. You're my Favorite!" So now my day is much better.
Long Days and Pleasant Nights to ye - and don't forget your mother this weekend.

No comments: