Monday, May 21, 2007

Girls Night Out

Ok, I realized yesterday that I really am NOT as young as I used to be. I thought the Calf Fry was different. I mean, we had to drive all that way to Stillwater. Then we were basically standing for hours! Not to mention the beer.
Saturday night we had our first monthly Single Girls Only night. I was home by 1am and in bed by 2am. I literally slept all day yesterday. Millie had to stand on my chest and bark at me to get me up and outside before she went inside.
The party was fun. There were probably 15 ladies there. We ate and talked and had a wonderful time. Sorry, no pictures or exact stories, they are both strictly forbidden.
Today, we went to Nowata. That was an interesting trip. It is actually the first time I've gotten lost inside the town we were visiting. Everything was going well, I left about 6:55 to get the breakfast we had ordered last Friday. When I arrived, there was no food. The lady that took the order wrote that we would be in town next Monday. So, I settled into a seat and chatted with the folks in Nowata.
Nannie had another Dr. appt today so I had lunch with them, then came home to the babies. Millie has done nothing but whine today. Well, whine and chase a few rabbits. She actually drew a crowd when I allowed her to run back and forth at the fence while the rabbit sat safely on the other side having dinner and laughing at Millie. Toby thought about getting into the action, but honestly, he would have to run and well, he isn't into running.
Now we are back in the apartment and I'm finally sitting still so Millie can lie down and go to sleep. She was panting like crazy when I finally made her give up the chase and come home.
Tomorrow is Claremore in the morning, then I have a hair appointment. I'll be spending the night at mom and dad's then Hayden will go to "work" with me Wednesday and Thursday mornings.
One more note: Fasten your seatbelts or you will get a $20 ticket. I found out first hand today. The officer and I had a good laugh as she handed me the ticket.
Long Days and Pleasant Nights to Ye!

No comments: