Friday, May 18, 2007

Traffic Cop Tammie


That's right, I was a Traffic Cop this morning. Oh my it was fun.

The morning began around 3:30am. Millie was up and ready to go before the alarm! She even forced Toby to get up. I hate having a dog that likes mornings.

For those of you that don't know, we gave away $25 of gas for 2 hours this morning at a pre-determined QT. I arrived around 4:20am and was assigned to Officer Jason. He and I had the sad duty of telling people that although the giveaway had not yet begun, they were in fact too late. Then, once we cleared that group and the actual pumping of gas began, I found myself directing traffic at the gas pump.

You may think I'm nuts, but I had fun this morning. We unfortunately had to turn away about double the amount that were able to get gas. Approximately 195 people received free gas. Most of the management team were there, I was the only "girl" and the best part is that I was allowed to use my "MOM" voice to keep things moving along.

We were very well met this morning. Now, I have to finish up a couple of things and then I'm off to Mid-World!

Long Days and Pleasant Nights to ye.

2 comments:

PattysFarm said...

Ok I caught up with May. Can't wait to see what you come up with after a week down this way>

JoJo said...

no weekend excitement - no party recap????