Monday, May 28, 2007

Ah Vacation...

This may take a few blogs to cover the whole time off. We had a blast! By we, I mean Toby, Millie and me. I’m not sure how much fun Patty had.
I’ll pick up the vacation story with Thursday. It was a rather rainy day. Hayden was on his first day of medication for a double ear infection. We couldn’t find him to begin with. Mom nor Dad were answering their phones. When we finally made contact it was only to find out he had been at Grannie’s waiting for us, when Grannie noticed a very high fever. We picked him up at Poppie’s work, had lunch with Nannie and spent time at her house cleaning and doing little things for her.
Friday was a little longer. Hayden was feeling much better and was in fact very talkative. We began with breakfast at Sonic. Then went to Eufaula to buy flowers for graves. We fed the ducks at the lake downtown and then to the dock. At the dock you can buy a handful of fish food for a quarter. We went through $3. Hayden also scored a frog ring that lights up and a real cowboy hat with a cop star on it. We spent the afternoon watching a three-hour marathon of Sponge Bob Square Pants. If you have never watched SBSP that long, I really recommend it if you can’t sleep. Mom made spaghetti for dinner Friday night. Let me just say that I have probably gained back all the weight that I lost over the last few months.
Saturday was fun. My kids came to Eufaula. We had lunch at a nice Mexican restaurant. The family met at the cemetery later in the afternoon then went to Nannie’s. Nicole and Hayden had a good time playing football in the cemetery after they dutifully placed flowers on the proper gravesites. We bbq’d at Patty and Jimmy’s then the kids were off to Norman again (loaded down with food) and I spent the night with Nannie.
Sunday’s blog will be split into two sections. Here is the first. Sunday morning we went to Decoration day service at Palestine. Patty swears that Ralph Wayne (yes that’s the preacher’s name) doesn’t always preach hellfire and brimstone, however, the last two times I have been there he has felt the need to do just that. My only comment to the service is that I guess I’ve been an Episcopalian too long to revert to the more loose structure. Nannie was happy to have me there, and that is all that matters. I left before the potluck lunch. My car was making a horrible noise that Jimmy and Ryan agreed were the wheel bearings going out. Daddy and Jimmy spent most of the afternoon repairing my car. Turns out the wheel bearings weren’t the noise culprit. The tires had the wrong pressure and seems that those tires will just be noisier than more expensive tires.
Toby and Millie had a blast primarily because at Eufaula leashes aren’t used. They did give us a fright when Toby followed by Millie took off chasing a dog that was headed straight to a Doberman pincher. Toby received that spanking. So the next time they felt the need to chase they stayed in “their” yard.
The rest of Sunday will come later.
Long Days and Pleasants Nights to ye.


No comments: