Thursday, April 10, 2008

Landlords...

I know you have heard my mantra - "I have a Landlord and Batteries...Who needs a Man?" Well this morning I was reminded how wonderful it is to have a Landlord.

My plumbing has been a bit of a problem for a couple of weeks. I thought it was the overload of laundry when Nicole came home. Turns out, it wasn't Nicole's fault. Anywho, I called the Landlord at 9:30 this morning - RotoRooter was at my house at 10:30. WOW!

Then as we chatted. I told him about Millie's introduction to wasps. He is going to do some carpentry work on the house and get rid of the critters nesting in the attic. I also told him I would like to plant a small garden on the back side of the property. Turns out he is thrilled about that and is going to get the rest of the brush cleared out.

Before noon, my toilet was flushing again and the washing machine didn't back up into the bathtub! The small things truly are what make the world a happy place.

Now let's just hope the rain and scary weather stays away long enough for me to catch up on my sleep.

Long days and pleasant nights.

No comments: