Wednesday, April 23, 2008

GoodBye Dear Friend...


I'm relatively new to the whole Red Dirt / Texas Music scene.
My introduction was Jason Boland and Cross Canadian Ragweed. (I came around very slowly on the CCRW bandwagon)
But from the beginning amongst the Boland, Green, Fowler, Morrow, et all music - I heard songs from Sai Childers.
I can't name one. Hell, I can only name one PFG song. Baby Doll... Sorry Jo. But I know his music nonetheless. He's already being mourned in the world that I love. And will be missed very much. I'm sure we will hear much of his music this weekend as his people gather in Stillwater.
So long Bob - I'm sure you've already met up with Waylon and Johnny and are singing away.
long days and pleasant nights

1 comment:

JoJo said...

from what i read he's likely hanging with woodie guthrie - what a ka tet they all make....