Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Red Dirt Cram

I have begun a crash course in learning more of the music I LOVE! The test is the weekend of June 18 - 21.

Last night on the way to the most wonderful birthday celebration for my most wonderful Daddy, I listened to a newsly purchased cd.

In addition to being one of the Red Dirt Godfathers, Robert Earl Keen is freakin' hysterical. I found myself laughing out loud (lol for those of you younger than 25) As much as I love Boland, REK had much the same affect on me. I was all smiles last night. Slept perfectly well, just like a baby. I had to keep reminding myself that he influenced Pat, not Pat influencing him. Mayhap that is one reason I have that warm-fuzzy feeling.

It is a bit disturbing that Pat has already begun creeping into my dreams. He was standing in the shadows of one last night. So, Pat, I PROMISE I'll be at the Calf Fry. I will be dead on my feet at work the next day, but I'll be there. You could've at least played Friday to help me out...

Long days and pleasant nights...

1 comment:

JoJo said...

ah... Robert Earl Keen... The man! You are doing well my disciple... wax on, wax off

It would not be good to stand pat up two years in a row... mayhap that is why he has started showing up so early...

I may just ride back home w/ you thurs night and sleep all day friday while you work LOL :)