Friday, January 09, 2009

February 14, 2009...

...is a very important day in my life.

It is the day that pitchers and catchers report to Spring training. That is only 5 weeks away.

The Redbirds have been busy in the off season. They still have a very light pitching/bullpen staff. I'm hoping that will change by the time the season actually opens. The good news is that most of the rest of the team is still in place. Miles was allowed the free agent exit. That is a loss of a good utility player, but only one.

Pujols and Yaddi are still anchoring the bases and bats. Ankiel and Ludwick are still around. Barton as far as I know will be back. I'm hoping we will see him in more games this season.

I'm sure LaRussa will be calling soon with all the off-season details I need to know...

Long days and pleasant nights...

1 comment:

JoJo said...

add a follow me gadget, so i can know when you update :)