Thursday, June 26, 2008

When is a Rose just a Rose?

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed..."

If you have read TammieLand at all you know my favorite author is the King himself. Just read the header. I have read the complete Dark Tower series including the comics.

Mayhap you already know of the rose that is protected in New York City. If anything happens to it - the tower collapses and the universe will dissappear. Roland and his ka-tet find themselves traveling between worlds to save the rose as they seek the Tower. Their mission isn't easy, the Man in Black and his minion are always a step and a half ahead.

Imagine my surprise when while mowing I found a single rose growing in a place that it had not been planted. Growing despite the fact that gravel surrounded it and cars surely drove over it. Growing despite the world around it. Ye kennit? I am going to dig it up and plant it in a planter and take loving care of it. I'm certain this is the sign that my dinh will be arriving soon...


"Go then, there are other worlds than these."

No comments: