Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Country Fever 2008

Country Fever 2008 was a lot of fun, for me anyway. Friday night was Red Dirt night, and you know I was totally there for Dierks! ;-)

Seriously, if you have seen the slide show of the pics that my camera brought back, you know that only 2 artists, maybe 4 -were there.

Barbara managed to snag John Cooper - Red Dirt Godfather - for our 6pm interview with Frank. He was awesome. In the meantime, she led us into the VIP tent to meet the man and Stoney LaRue. I was literally 2 feet from Jason Boland and Stoney! Unfortunately, I had to leave before they began playing - Jo and Missy tell me that it was the most incredible experience. This totally makes up for the Billy Bob's thing, Jo!

JB gave us 4 new songs off the new CD that has been promised in August. They, of course, are absolutely wonderful. I had already heard two of them. You know I don't see the man in concert very often at all. Pat was, PAT and actually cleaned up his show a bit - for the families. Kevin Fowler, on the other hand, was his absolutely wonderfully incredible self - mouth and all.

Mom and Dad attended Sunday's concerts with me. Willie was incredible. The whole 3 or 4 songs I saw before the skies opened up and let loose. It reminded me of the ending of Needful Things. The battle of good and evil culminated in a huge storm over one small area. That was kinda what happened. The storm formed directly over the Country Fever grounds when Willie took the stage. Kinda awe inspiring.

Before I go, want to pitch Johnny Cooper. This kid is absolutely incredible. Jo and I first saw him a couple years ago at the Calf Fry. His voice caught our attention and we made our way to the stage. We were stunned. He looks all of 12. He was actually 17 at the time. Now at 19 his show has greatly improved, his voice is still incredible and growing stronger. He has a CD - and let me tell you - it ROCKS. If you get the chance to see him, I strongly advise you go.

Long days and pleasant nights.

No comments: