Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Softball




Summer is here, finally.

That means plenty of baseball - and when I can't find a baseball game, there is usually a softball game available.


Last week the Tulsa Day Center for the Homeless held is 2nd Annual Homerun for the Homeless. It is a softball game that pits Radio stars against TV stars. This is a very good cause. Last year they netted $50,000 from the game. This year - the TV team captain was News Channel 8's very own - Frank Mitchell. Pitching for the TV team was Clint Boone and playing Center and lead Cha Cha dancer - Burt Mummolo. It was a lot of fun, I hope it raised even more this year.


Last night I made my first venture out to see the News Channel 8 softball team play. Again, lots of fun. Carlton was our pitcher. Linda played first base - and OMG what a softball player she is. I'm wondering if it was on her resume' or if we just lucked into it. We won the first game. It was 10pm and well past my bedtime, so I wished them luck and left confident that we would bring in a second victory. I'm told that just as I walked away from the left field fence, everything fell apart. Mayhap I should stay longer next week.

Nothing else new. Exercise training is coming along. The Texas trip is next week.

Long days and pleasant nights to ye.

No comments: