Monday, June 02, 2008

Tucson Part II: Day One

The flight out was uneventful. Which is always good when you can get it. I was traveling light. Didn't check bags since the plans were to leave Friday come home Sunday. Millie protested being left at summer camp. The last time they loved it there.

Jeff totally didn't recognize me when I arrived. I almost literally had to introduce myself to him. At least that's my story. It surely wasn't that he was watching for me to come down the escalator and instead I got lost and walked around the airport an extra couple of minutes before finding the backstairs and sneaking up on Jeff. Cuz' I don't get lost.

Tucson sits in the desert. However, I learned there are mountains surrounding the city. That was way cool. From my vantage point on the airplane, I saw one mountain with a huge A on it. I inquired and turns out the mountain's name is "A Mountain" wow those Tucsonians are too clever.


This is Jeff's home. He has a nice condo. A swimming pool and hot tub exclusively his, due to the fact that evidently all the other residents are over the age of way old. Jeff being merely old. =)



This is Jeff's roomie, Max. Max is a real killer. Until you get to know him. He even inspected my bag and protected me from the evil gum that had somehow been packed in it. What a good boy. He had the last of his puppy shots on Friday afternoon. Jeff is taking him to his first barber visit Thursday. I've requested pictures.

Then we were off to a fun sports bar & grill. Jen (current gfriend) joined us there. We picked up Scotty and were off to the Sidewinders game. I feel lucky to have been there. This is the last season that the Sidewinders will be in Tucson. They are moving to Reno after this season. The four of us had a lot of fun. I even met a nice sleestak from the land of the lost. I'm pretty sure the Sidewinders won but can't guarantee the fact. I also met Denise (first wife) at this game. She hooked us up with awesome tickets.

The day ended. I realized I had been up for some 20 hours.

The man in black fled across the desert...

No comments: