Sunday, June 08, 2008

My Studs!

What a weekend.

Saturday was a lot of fun. You all know I love my job. Well, I "volunteered" to be a staff person assisting talent in handing out Matt Holliday figurines. Creative Services loves it when I volunteer. You see, I'm a bit over-protective of "my" anchors. I was given the duty of being the point person for the evening.


We had a blast at the gates. Mark and Kristin tackling Frank and Carole to prove they could hand out more than anyone else. Frank and Mark flirting with the really cute Driller's girls. Linda, Jody and I just trying to keep up.


Frank threw out the first pitch. He kinda threw it in the dirt. But he plays softball, not baseball. I was allowed to go on the field as Frank's photographer and manager. I took the opportunity to get a picture with Frank and Hornsby. As Frank stated - my two studs!


Since we were workers - we were given tickets to the Sponsor suite. Talk about awesome! Watching a good game from an airconditioned box - with free food and drink! I haven't even mentioned the wonderful company.

Linda invited her husband Bill to the party with us. Bill is a Red Sox fan. If I liked the AL - I would probably be a Red Sox fan. Manny is incredible to watch. Anyway, a couple weeks ago Linda told me she was upset that she won't be able to go to KC with Bill and see the BoSox play the Royals. I was trying to be helpful and told her I would go in her place, just so that she could feel like she's there. Last night she introduced me to Bill as "the woman that's going to KC with you..." By the end of the game, I was also invited to go on a Denver road trip with them. I had also managed to get Linda a tryout for Frank's softball team today. I'll be going to the games, as moral support. Linda tells me that I should also bring a glove and bat, just in case someone needs to jump in at the last minute. Not sure if I can be prepared to "jump in" and "pretty" at the same time.




Long days and pleasant nights.

No comments: