Saturday, April 28, 2007

Calf Fry Night 1

Posted by PicasaThe first night of the Calf Fry was fun. I had totally underestimated my ability to sleep during the day. After working practically all night Wednesday, I arrived at my very quiet apartment around 11:30am on Thursday. The plan was to sleep until about 6pm then head out to Stillwater. Well, I absolutely could not sleep. So by the time I arrived at the party, my body was already beginning to rebel. I found the gang at front center, where I knew to look. There was an empty place right by the fence and I asked the really tall girl if it was "reserved" she said yes her sister and friend had gone to get beer. I told her I would move when they returned, and she was shocked when I was true to my word. So shocked in fact that she made room for me next to her! And then when Jo came back from her visit with Pat, my new friend was about to kick Jo's ass because she mistook the Green Glow friendliness for something more like me being harrassed by a tall blonde. Should I say that we were very well met?
Reckless Kelly rocked, of course. Then I found myself alone with, well not one of my favorite people and realized I really had to pee. By the time I made it to the bathroom, for some reason I don't think they had the mile long row of port-a-john's this year, I was about to pass out. So I made my way to the parking lot and then back to Tulsa. Slept for 2 hours, if you don't include the naps on the turnpike, then back at the station and ready to roll by 2:15am.
Needless to say - I slept from around 1pm - 9pm and then back asleep by 10:30 and didn't wake until around 7 this morning! I did miss Night 2 of the Calf Fry - sorry Cross Canadian!
Something else to note, Thursday morning Nannie finally decided to go to the doctor to check out her horrible cough that I've been railing her about for over a week. Turns out she is close to having pneumonia. The aggravating thing is that instead of calling someone that lives within a few minutes of her, she called and left me a message. So after talking to her, I immediately called Patty. Please keep her in your conversations with you higher power.
Long Days and Pleasant Nights to ye...

No comments: