Thursday, February 15, 2007

Only in Tammieland

The morning started off just fine. Millie woke up 15 minutes before the alarm went off. She jumped off the bed and whined. I picked her up and she snuggled until she heard the alarm, then it was all out ATTACK THE MOMMIE mode. I put on a pot of coffee, took 20 minutes to add the 30 layers of clothing to myself and sweaters the babies for the 5 minute walk outside. We were surprised by the snow on the ground. But it wasn’t slick so we were fine.
The dachshund diet food is beginning to taste better. At least they are eating it now. I showered, drank coffee, grabbed my lunch and off to work I go. So I thought.
Once at the car, I followed my normal Winter routine: get in the car, place my purse on the passenger seat, coffee in the drink holder, turn on the engine, clear off the windshield and back window. I then usually get back in the car and head off to work.
This morning, however, my routine was interrupted by a slight wind that gently closed my car door. In the process locking me out of the car. So I think, ok, I’ll go upstairs and call a locksmith. What am I thinking?!!! My apt is locked, the key is in my purse - locked in the car! And my phone? Also in my purse. What a conundrum.
So, I walk to the apartment complex office. The secretary loves me and laughed heartily with me when I told her my predicament. The first locksmith I called had an answering machine on. Then, Divine Intervention – in the middle of the next page – Sooner Lock & Key. I’m wearing my Sooner hoodie today! I call and within 20 minutes am on my way to work.
Having a child attending really has blessed me...OU really is the land of the gods!

No comments: