Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Democrats, Displasia and Dachshunds

What a week it has been! It started off as any normal week with great anxieties hinging on two of the days. We had laid the groundwork for the biggest election coverage our station has seen in at least a decade. All the months of planning came down to just a few hours between 7pm and 10pm. The food was ordered, delivered and devoured. Of course you have no idea how the day went outside your little world until the next morning when the Nielsen’s hit your inbox. What was the result? An incredible 2 points ahead of our nearest competitor. We dominated the night.

It was sad to see the Republicans go without Peter Jennings’ witty commentary. Charles Gibson met the challenge though. With respect to my Republican friends, I won’t comment further on the tough victory.
If you haven’t registered to vote, the only liberty we have left that is free… the Democrats have an easy way for you to register: https://electionimpact.votenet.com/dnc/voterreg/index.cfm

In other news – Displasia is a word I had never paid attention to until a few months ago. Come to find out it is the first step to cervical cancer. No one is exactly certain how HPV is activated. One can be born with it and one can get it from sexual intercourse. According to all sites I’ve visited, the great majority say that this is an STD. So, wear condoms even if you aren’t having sex, as is in my case. Anywho, I had what is called a LEEP procedure Friday. It is relatively new and is generally used when there is a rather large area infected. The bad part is a pap every 3 months for the next year. The good part is that I found out that Patty, Ryan and Jo love me. Renie came by with Zentner. Nicole washed the dishes and tried to walk the dachshunds, but Toby was attached to me.

Ryan and Millie bonded. As you can see, they watched plenty of tv together. Turns out, Millie is quite fond of Battlestar Galactica.
Jo brought me chocolate ice cream. Life really is good.
The Dr's office called. They gave me a clean bill of health. All the "abnormal" cells are gone and I'm normal once again!

No comments: