Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tonight the Answer's Austin...

Again I say, this nightmare of a year has to end.

I have stopped reading the traffic reports that come in from OHP. You only have to open one with the header - fatal, next of kin notified - and recognize the name to teach you that lesson.

However, the news of death always reaches one way or another. Today, I opened the weekly internet update from the weekly "rag" in Pryor. Headline news - Nita Jacobs died Monday.

I first met Nita when I married into Pryor. She was a wonderful woman that got the bad end of a bad straw. She married Nolan (also wonderful man) not out of love, but because he needed a caregiver. His children only cared about his money. She took very good care of him, to the point of even dedicating her life (while he was alive) to his church. Over the years this marriage of convenience turned into love. He took care of her in death as she had taken care of him in life. She was one of the true Angels out there.

Goodbye Nita - say hey to Nannie, and assortment of friends and family now that you've reached the other side of the clearing. You can once again help Nolan tend the roses.

I so desperately want to go back to the Hill Country. Sitting poolside with a beer in my hand and not a care in the world. Watching the coons and deer eat their breakfast and dinner. Listening to the birds singing.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Okie roots. But I'm beginning to believe that the only "happy" place is South Bound 35.

I'm so very tired of being somewhere in the middle, and pretty sure the sun is shining somewhere in Texas - tonight the answer's Austin and the Comal County blue... (here's hoping you are well and singing again soon Jason...)

The party's not over - it's just leaving town - so don't be dissapointed - its gonna come back around...

1 comment:

JoJo said...

we both have the comal county blues....