Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Denver Democrat commentary...

I received this email from an authentic Denver Democrat. She had some interesting observations:

Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 3:56 AM

Hello all -Just a quick note from Denver, home of the historic DNC.

First, as a lifelong Democrat, I feel it's ok to make fun of my own party.

Second, for those of you who don't know, my office is in Invesco Field (site of BO's acceptance speech), which has been insanely busy for the past month b/c of the convention, football, etc.

A few observations as we try to survive, I mean welcome, the delegates, the media, and the crazies (and they're not all from Boulder...):

For a 'green' convention, there are a lot of stretch limos & huge SUVs hauling people around town.

Since when did protesting mean that you acted and dressed like an idiot?

Wouldn't it be nice if BOTH parties had spent the $160 million for each convention on something like our national debt, fixing healthcare or social security, or alternative energy? Sorry, dumb idea - those corporate donors need somewhere to spend $ and everyone loves a good party.

Ok - seriously, I know it's a historic event and best of all - the secret service is taking over the stadium tomorrow until after the speech, so I have 2 days off. Thanks Barack! Kris

1 comment:

JoJo said...

i agree with you... it's been a spectacle for watching though...

you should see the blog today - i wonder if i've broke news, or if you knew this & didn't tell me???