Monday, August 25, 2008

Comal County Blue

Like I said before, it's the little things that keep us going. I totally believe that. This last year has been very trying, to say the least.

I have only been in my current location 11 months, seems like a lot longer. My Nannie hasn't been gone a year, seems like forever. I've only been a Boland loyalists a few years, seems like a lifetime. Created a bond with a long lost uncle. Lost two cousins; gained two brothers; learned to love thru the tears and hate like I never thought I could.

I've said goodbye to too many people over the last 11 months. But some of the most wonderful things have also happened.

My daughter is engaged to her soulmate. I was able to visit Tuscon, Phoenix and San Antonio and see all three cities from the eyes of the natives, those that truly love their homes. I won't trade those weekends for anything.

My favorite singer found out he had a polyp on his vocal chord. He is in fact being operated on the very day his latest CD is officially released - August 26, 2008. Today, I received that very CD - Comal County Blue in the mail. Betty Mom thought something had bit me from the squeal that came out when I saw the return address! I was probably within the first 10 people to pre-order the CD. I was equally excited that in addition to getting the cd BEFORE the common folk - I have an authentically autographed one! Yes, he really did sign it. You could still smell the ink from the sharpie and I have enough things that he has signed to verify it.

It is now 7:45ish and I already have it on my mp3 player and have listened to almost the whole thing. All I have to say is WOW. He is still JB and they are maturing in their music. This is a good thing. I love him from Pearl Snaps to Comal County and every truck stop in between... Hardly a day goes by that I can't find one of his songs in something that happens in my life. I quote him almost as much as SK.


It's the little things. A new CD from a favorite artist. New music to listen to and sing while standing at the tips of his boots. Thanks Jason!

Long days and pleasant nights.

1 comment:

JoJo said...

well, i finally caught up on your blogs....

hats off to jb!