Thursday, August 21, 2008

Feels Just Like It Should - Uh Huh...

Life has been relatively boring, yet incredibly busy.

Actually ended up buying a new fridge. So now one is in the shed out back, to be returned to the house if I ever move. The other has made back into retirement, successfully.

The only problem with allowing one fridge to hang-out in the shed and the other to go back into retirement is that the fridge in the shed started chatting with the lawnmower. Now I seem to have an appliance mutiny on my hands. The lawnmower is trying to fake illness. That will be resolved as soon as my brother-in-law can make it to Tulsa. In the meantime, if my body is found in pieces or I become a crazed killer maniac weilding a machete - have the police talk to the lawnmower and the fridge. You might also have them chat with that damn monkey at Don and Nadeen's house.

In other news...

I fear that I've gotten Millie into a habit that isn't such a good one. After I finished my lunch this afternoon Millie started crying hysterically. She jumped onto my lap and began hugging me while howling. I asked her if she wanted a nap and a blankie. She immediately jumped down, grabbed a toy and was back on the couch as soon as I threw a blankie over my legs. Sound asleep in seconds.

Looks like the Redbirds are in the fight for the Wild Card. Up until this year I complained rather loudly about the Wild Card, now I like it. We are still 2.5 games behind the Brewers for the play-offs. It's possible to overcome them, getting less likely by the day - but I'm still hopeful.

Beer for My Horses: Only thing I can say is MUST SEE! I about wet my pants laughing so hard. and I'm pretty sure the beer had mostly worn off before the middle of the movie.

Only days before Comal County Blue is released. I can't wait. In case you were wondering - Yes I have already ordered it.

My job review is being written. Carlton says he can't think of very many nice things to say. So, keep your fingers crossed. I've been offering him nice things to say about me, we'll see if he takes my advice.

Long days and pleasant nights.

No comments: