Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Memories

How did you spend your Memorial Day Weekend?

I had an absolutely fabulous weekend. It started with shopping, cleaning, mowing, getting ready for my Baseball weekend coming soon.

Saturday was a bit busy and very warm. The puppies and I spent the morning mowing and cleaning. We had a fun time. I was finished mowing by 10am and was sweating like a pig. Yes, I know I'm a girl and typically I "glisten" however, Saturday was outright sweating. Then I showered so that I wouldn't scare off others while shopping. And off I went. Those that know me, know that one of the things I inherited from my mother is my disdain for shopping. However, I do need proper attire for my baseball outing. So, with that in mind I spent more time than the norm going thru the clothing aisles. Then I was off to WalMart (after a quick check of the carry-on guidelines) to get the things I will need other than clothing. Oddly enough I won't be able to pack tanning lotion, but knitting needles are no problem. I'm guessing more blue-hairs complained than those sun-worshipers my age. That's ok, I'm sure Tucson is big enough to have a drug store.


Sunday was a family day. I even wore a dress. You see, I'm still a bit skiddish about whether or not Nannie has had time to forget to make sure we are properly doing things. So, I wore a dress to the cemetery - placed a flower at her name and poppie's. I'm not sure who is placing flowers on Grandpa's grave other than the immediate Smith family. I sure wish that person would catch on that with the Smith/Lindeman group - we only like yellow flowers. Red are fine for other graves - yellow for ours. You should visit the cemetery in Topeka - I'm not sure any flowers are allowed to be left there if they aren't primarily yellow.

Then off to Patty's for bbq and family.
Zentner, of course, was the hit of the day. Well, except for the moment that Skylar actually admitted that he loves his Aunt Patty. That was a shocker - but the best line of the day was "this is my Aunt Tammie - she is the COOLEST Aunt EVER!" We still haven't reached the Walking On Water status of Uncle Jimmy, but Patty is loved and I'm cool. That's something. Anywho, Zentner cleaned the floors and helped bake and even got dressed for riding Uncle Jimmy's motorcycle. Then he swang until he literally fell asleep. One side note - Jimmy used Ryan's recipe for the brats - thanks Ryan - that's one awesome concoction.

Today, I awoke to hail hitting the house and thunder rattling the windows. Spent a portion of the morning with my BFFT getting beautiful for the baseball players. Then the rest of the day with my BFFJo and her roomies. Strait even asked me to ride him around the pasture. Fun times.

Millie was given a t-shirt making her an official Democrat. I'm so proud.

Only missed one thing I had half planned for the weekend. Sorry JB - I just didn't have time to fit you in. I'm sure you and Cody rocked the lake and I can't wait to see you at Fever.

Long days and pleasant nights.

No comments: