Monday, May 05, 2008

High Maintenance?

Zentner came to visit Millie last weekend.

He is growing up so fast. The good thing is that he remembers his Aunt Tammie. He also told me that I'm his favorite Aunt. We discovered that there were no toys at Aunt Tammie's so we went to WalMart to remedy that problem. Next time he visits there is a ball and bat, batman car and a cell phone just for him!

The other reason for the trip was that my wonderful mower that my BFFrank sold me had stopped working. Let me give you the history of the relationship between this mower and me. It had an easy life just sitting in Joyce's garage. Used twice then went into retirement. I'm guessing that Frank didn't totally discuss the move with said mower before it happened.

It worked a couple of times, then stopped working. A friend from work stopped by and we were able to get it to work once more. Then one of the wheels fell off. I fixed that and it worked for about 20 minutes then stopped working again.

So Daddy brought tools, Momma and Zentner and worked on the mower. We gave it a new spark plug and filter. Daddy completely cleaned every part, even using Nicoles toothbrush to get to the smaller stuff. It worked for about 10 minutes and stopped working again. Today I made arrangements with a friend from work to go with me and pick up a new mower. I really don't want to spend $130 - but my weeds are taller than the dachshunds.

After work, I changed into my mowing shoes and thought - what the Hell - I'll try one more time. The mower started on the first try. I mowed for about 10 minutes and it stopped working again.

Who knew I could buy a "high-maintenance" mower? Well, other than cuz Steve?

Long days and pleasant nights.

1 comment:

PattysFarm said...

With Poppies littl' helper the mower should work perfectly.