Monday, November 19, 2007

No Longer a Shar-Pei

The weekend was a bit stressful. Millie evidently stepped on a wasp or a stinging creature of some kind. At one point she looked like a baby shar-pei.
I was online desperately looking up whether or not dachshunds could take benedryl and if so, how much. Then when I learned that she was probably reacting to a bee or wasp sting or maybe even a snake bite, I began looking up aspirin and benedryl combo's on dachshunds.
Saturday night was the worst. All night she paced on the bed. And randomely decided that she would feel much better if she could scratch her face on my face.
Last evening I finally found the stinger. I had been looking on her face and neck - where the swelling was the worst. Then I noticed that she was licking her front legs and paws. So I studied her paws - sure enough - there it was in between two fingernails. I pulled it out, she jumped up and attacked me, then Toby. By this morning she was her beautiful dachshund self.
Thanks Jo and Renie for the helpful advice.
Long days and pleasant nights.

No comments: