Monday, November 12, 2007

It's a Wonderful Life Indeed

Those of you who know me, know that life hasn't been all that great the last few weeks. You also know that Christmas isn't one of my favorite holidays.

It's a Wonderful Life is one of my two favorite Christmas movies and definately in the top five of my all time favorite movies. This last month I have come to know how much one life affects the world around a person. And indeed, I know that one of the bells that rang last week was significant of Nannie earning her wings.

Every time someone asks me how I like being back in Tulsa, the answer is always, I love it. And then the follow up - how do you like your job is followed by I LOVE IT. The people are wonderful, the atmosphere is wonderful, it's is just where I belong.

I've never been gone from a job more than a week at a time. For Nannie, I was away from work for two solid weeks. I have to admit that when I noticed that the mail had been sorted and handed out, I was concerned that they may have learned how to live without me. Today was my first day back and the first day of living my life without Nannie.

The mail was taken care of, however, nothing else was. What a wonderful surprise. Carlton couldn't even operate because he had no one to find him a yellow legal pad. Chris had no clue how I handle timesheets and time cards, they guessed at that. All the on-air persons gave me huge hugs (even Frank and Lincoln) and told me how much I was missed. Carlton and Chris assured me that I would never again be gone a full two weeks.

Thru all this, I know that if I had needed a few more days, it would've been granted. I also learned that my job is secure and they love me as much as I love them.

Also, one of the first things that Nannie did when she arrived in Heaven was to find a church I would go to. Let me explain... I've been casually visiting different churches and haven't found a spiritual home in 2 years. This upset her. Our conversations always turned to the question of whether I had found a church. Today I saw in the Sapulpa newspaper that one of my favorite priests has been assigned to the Episcopal church in Sapulpa. So my answer is, Yes Ma'am, I'll get my tail to church Sunday. Thanks Nannie.

Long Days and Pleasant Nights to ye...

No comments: