Monday, July 13, 2009

Rocklahoma 2009

Someone said during Country Fever that it was like a family reunion. You make friends that you only see once a year, and what a party! Ok, that is greatly paraphrased, but you get the idea.

That saying isn't completely true with me. I'm a part-time volunteer. LOL. I see Jo, Barbara, Hunter, Marlene and John thrughout the year. But I have to admit these concerts are the one time we are all together at once. And it is fun.

Rock 08 was the year that I adopted Hunter and he adopted me as his Mom. We have had a lot of fun with that. I rescued him from an extremely intoxicated young woman. Rock 09 gave me an addition to the family. This story also involves a rescue from an extremely intoxicated woman. I didn't go so willingly into this adoption. It just kind of happened. She was all over my "son" the security guy. When she abruptly stopped and exclaimed she couldn't "talk dirty" to him in front of his mother and pointed at me. I was clueless to her comment. He began laughing so hard that he couldn't breathe. She left still thinking I was his mother. On the happy side of that, I now have an 18 month old grandchild. I told Shannon that I expect visitation and Christmas/birthday presents. Before I left Saturday night we snapped a family portrait. This is mainly so Nicole will know what her new brother looks like. She is still in denial that Hunter is in the family...

There were others that we befriended. Moe even made a pal out of a security guy. That story is also funny. I wasn't there to see it - but seems someone kidnapped Moe and took him down to the pit in front of the stage. He was totally rockin out and/or terrified by the time Bucky and a few of his compadres came to his rescue. Lorri, Jo nor I let him too far from our site after that. In fact Saturday night he left his post selling souvenir pins for the chamber to help out his new BFF Bucky on security detail.



This is my new friend Doug. He worked the almost same hours as me during Country Fever - but I rarely saw him at Rock. Didn't want to leave him out - just in case he happens by tammieland... lol

The only other notable story from my end. I met a rockstar. Something you must know when dealing with Rockstars is that they get a bit pissy when you have never heard of them. This particular rock star is from the 80's and I soooo should know who he is. Anywho, I introduced him to Frank as Chip Winger. He corrected me a couple of times and then Frank loudly corrected me. It didn't stop Kip aka Chip from trying to get me to go backstage with him. What did stop that from happening is the fact that I had no clue he was trying to get me to go backstage until Frank pointed it out to me. By that time it was too late, he was gone. Story of my life.

That's my brief prose about a fun filled weekend in Oklahoma.

Long days and pleasant nights...

No comments: