Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Normal?

Finally recovered from the 4-day private concert aka Country Fever. Just when I decide I'm too damn old for these things I seem to allow myself to get dragged (loose term) to another. =)

Anywho. It has been a couple weeks of kritters at my home. I housed Tuvok and T'pel until they found a more permanent home. They are already missed by Millie and Oprah.

We found a baby kitten in the yard last week. It still had an umbilical cord. So Millie, Oprah and I tried our best to save it. It is now resting in peace in the field outside the station. Then Tuvok and Millie alerted me to kittens in the shed!

That's right we have at least 3 probably more. Millie and I actually saw one last night. It is solid black. When I went to check on it this morning, the momma had actually done what I suggested. She had obviously been to tend to the young one and moved it out of site.

Saturday, my dryer decided to stop working. The wonderful brother-in-law, Jimmy came to repair it. Seems it wasn't the dryer - it is the outlet that gave out. This is good news for me since the expense is now the landlords.

I have a wonderful landlord. He came over last night to check out the outlet. Decided he needed to call in an electrician. Then helped me finally remove the old, nasty, smelly, mosquito infested tree trunk that littered the middle of my backyard. With the old stump went a multitude of mosquitos. Woo Hoo.

The dogs, Oprah and I sat outside for about half an hour with no noticable bugs biting.

Life on the mountain is settling back into a steady pace. That's always a good thing.

Long days and pleasant nights...

No comments: