Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Rambles - literally

Wow how time flies. Has it really been FOREVER since I last blogged?

The sadness comes and goes now. I can be in the throws of hysterical laughter and a thought of Skylar hits and the laughter turns to choked back tears. Just today I forced the tears back, all that happened was that the people that won Bob The Builder tickets actually picked them up. The tears are because that means now I have no "excuse" to keep Zeke Friday. Silly, huh?

Time isn't really flying. I can't believe it is only February. Mayhap the problem is that sweeps has been changed to March due to the digital revolution. Or it's possible that I'm feeling so very mortal.

Getting back to finding pleasure in the little things has become the most important goal right now. For example:

...I have the money to buy a small deep freeze. Why is the something to be happy about? Well, Jo and I are going to have a garden this year. I will be able to freeze things from said garden. Also, I'll now be able to take advantage of sales on things that I can throw in the freezer thus saving money.

...I have decided to at the least cut back to basic cable, and might actually cut cable altogether. Where is the "happy" in this? Well, it will give me more time to blog, walk, take pictures of the kritters (I don't have nearly enough) chat on the phone, totally annoy Nicole... you probably get the picture.

...I'm considering getting a part-time job and/or take some classes. Happiness in a part-time job is that I will be able to pay off debt faster and save money for a down payment on a house.

All of these are small steps that are taken one day at a time. I woke up fat yesterday. So, I drank more water, didn't buy a cheeseburger and today? I woke up a little less fat.

Oprah reminded me that you really don't need an expensive shiny toy to play with when a perfectly fine Diet Coke box is in the middle of the floor.

Guess that's all for now.


hoping to see you in the clearing at the end of the path...

2 comments:

JoJo said...

happiness in the small things... yep

Irene said...

Just remember live for today not tomorrow.