Friday, January 11, 2008

Name that Pig - Contest


Ok, I have always secretly wanted a Chia Pet. So when I found out that a whole case of them had been delivered to the station for a promotion, I quickly grabbed one.

I must say that this "pet" has been every much as attention dependent as most of my dachshunds have been. (Please do not ask if Millie is included in that thought...)

Anywho, to successfully achieve a fat pig, I had to follow some time consuming steps.

First, soak said pig overnight in a bucket of water. Also, soak seeds in a seperate dish of water. So, I found a bucket and placed the pig in the water. Seems people really do pay attention to the goings-on at my desk. A rumor began that I was trying to drown a pig.
Second, place the gooy germinated seeds all over the now fully saturated pig. This was a bit messy and not as easy to do as one would think.
Then, according to the box, just watch it grow, watering it occasionally. This is where I'm convinced a man began writing the directions. Because you see, you must make sure the water level is ALWAYS full or the pig dies. That's right I was on the verge of killing my pig (whom I had grown to love) when Chris rescued him/her.
He found a Chia Pet Rescue Kit (plastic fork, spoon, knife and napkin) and promptly went to work. This is the when he decided that Aunt Tammie of the Year or not, I'm not allowed to babysit his unborn child. (this is not good)
Vacation time came and piggy and I went home. Over the break and thru my sickness I kept the little guy fully watered. That was a chore because unlike Toby, he couldn't bring me his food dish as a reminder that feeding time had surely passed.
Long story short, kinda, everyone wanted to know how the little guy was doing. So he/she is back at the station and nameless.
So please help me find the perfect name!
Long days and pleasant nights if Gan sees fit...

1 comment:

JoJo said...

i think in order to find an appropriate name i need to know what your growing - bean sprouts??? and what were you smoking when you started this program???