Thursday, October 18, 2007

Goodbye City Life?

Green acres is the place to be.
Farm livin’ is the life for me.
Land spreadin’ out so far and wide
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

New York is where I’d rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a penthouse view.
Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.

The chores. The stores.
Fresh air. Times Square
You are my wife Good bye, city life.

Green Acres we are there!

Wait a dag-gone minute. I moved to the "country" a couple weeks ago. After last night's Storm of the Century I'm considering moving the 3 blocks it will take to get me back to the City.

I lost my cable connection. At first I thought it was just the storm that had blown out something. Seems that is exactly what happened - it blew my cable line off the pole. Now, I know you think that there was life before cable, let me plead my case. Tonight is an extremely important game. Hopefully it will be the last ALCS game. I must watch this game. The problem is, even if I did get rabbit ears for the TV - the game is only on cable. Baseball existed half a century before TV so I think I'm just in whining over this.

No comments: