Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Did You See Me Winning?


Hayden is officially a Boys and Girls Club member. Yesterday was his first soccer game.
He called me at 5:30 last night to ask if I'm coming to his game. Well, I was at work in Tulsa, the game started at 6pm, so I had to say no. Being 4, he didn't let it drop there. He assured me that 'Calester isn't very far and I could make it. When I disagreed, he said, "Let me talk to Frank." I'm not sure what Frank could do to fix the fact that I was a two hour drive from the soccer game that was starting in half an hour.
Patty and Jimmy (aka Aunt DaDa and Unc Immy) made it to the game. Patty said that he was the most excellent goalie. Even while he was flapping his arms like a bird. Then the coach let him on the field to play. At one point he was kicking the ball and running by them. He looked to the sideline and yelled "Do you see me winning?" I'm sure that everyone on the sideline fell off their chairs laughing at this.
I'm so sad that I missed this game. Sometimes I wish I lived closer to 'Calester.
Long Days and Pleasant Nights.

No comments: