Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Why Did God Make Big Sisters?


I've wondered my whole life just why God placed me in a family that already had one daughter. I mean I am so damn special, yet she thought it necessary to give me to a family that, well, was already a family. Should I also mention how bossy that big sister has always been at this point or later?

Anyway, over the last 11 years especially I've grown to understand just what the Supreme Being was doing. Let me digress...

My mom has always told me that I have angels working overtime - literally 24/7 to keep me safe. It isn't easy. I've always been curious. I'm not sure when the bi-polar really began, Cherie swears it was waaaayyyyy before college. In a nutshell I think I'm fun - others are pretty certain I'm nuts.

Only in the last few years have I discovered the watchful angel that is actually human. That angel is indeed my big sister, Patty.

She is always putting things aside when I call and ask for a favor. Trust me, that happens often. For example, I don't remember the last time I totally packed all of my stuff or even half of my stuff to move. Patty is always there. She seems to even be there when I don't ask.

Do sisters have telepathy power? I think so, primarily because the three of us somehow always know when one is needing a shoulder or Pepsi/Diet Coke.

Last week Patty kept Toby and Millie for me. I had a minor procedure done on my eyes. (Too gruesome to go into here) The procedure took place on Friday. She spent the night with me the night before. Oh and I'll insert here that while on our way from her house to my apt. Renie called for help. She had an ingrown toenail removed an hour or so earlier and couldn't drive. Did Patty say "No. Tammie and I are in Muskogee at least an hour from you, figure it out"? No, she said, pull over and we'll be there as quickly as possible. See - Angel.

Anyway, Friday morning she gave me cereal and oddly went out to buy coffee, instructing me not to make any. (She later revealed that she tricked me into drinking decaf) Then I took the valium and well the next 2 days are quite blurry.

This is basically what I looked like Friday afternoon until Sunday around noon. Patty made sure I was fed and the ice stayed cold and the medications properly applied. Jimmy was thrilled to have me there, Patty cooked every meal. =)

One more thing, she has now had Toby and Millie almost two weeks. She didn't want me to go up and down the stairs more than necessary yet. And here's the kicker - she is allergic to dogs. Angel...

So, I'll end this 'Ode de Patty' with a huge THANKS BIG SISTER!
I'll never be the big sister Patty is.

Don't argue, who did Renie call for help? =)
Long days and pleasant nights to ye ... And never forget the face of your father - if you are as lucky as Renie and me, your big sis won't let you.

PS: Jo, I did have to edit the first paragraph, somehow Gan appeared...

No comments: