Thursday, August 16, 2007

Week in Review

What an interesting week. Out of the blue I'm going to get to see WILLIE. OMG For a better description of how that feels just mosie on over to the Dancehall - JoJo's Dancehall, that is. I'm not as jazzed about the Pat Green part as she is. I mean he's an awesome entertainer and all, but the part I'm dying for is to actually be front-row-center for WILLIE. The Red Headed Stranger, one of the Highway Men, the Willie of Waylon, Willie and the Boys... the OMG I get to be so close to Willie I will actually be able to feel the sweat fly off his face... excitement that I can't explain if you don't know Willie. Also did I mention that I get to make my first trip to the Armpit and get to stay at Aunty Kathy's B&B? That's exciting too.

As you see here, I'm now the "Manager of the Year." Actually the envelope said "Employee of the Month" but signs in the parking lot don't lie, right? I have proof! Anywho, the best part of that day was the free ice cream. The ice cream truck makes an appearance on occasion. This occasion, according to the GM, was my being named "Manager of the Year!" or maybe he said it was a big thank you for the excellent team coverage of the PGA. My eyes were hurting, so it was a bit fuzzy. Those of you who are Reagan fans can understand "fuzzy". Did I mention that I have my very own parking place, with my name on it? This also makes me eligible for Employee of the Year. That's a popularity vote, so don't count on me getting it. However, it is a great excuse to get Daddy into a suit and take him to the Country Club for our company Christmas party. I do need a date...


Tonight I accidently watched a biography about Elvis. This was an interesting one that I haven't seen before. It was actually home movies very well blended with family members talking about memories. They also played the exact perfect Elvis song at the exact perfect time. I actually cried at the end. Those of you who grew up in a household with a mother like mine will understand. We can tell you almost anything you ever didn't want to know about that man. I do love his music. I am sad that the fans (in my opinion) led him to his unintentional overdose. The worse part is that since Elvis has been gone 30 years now, that means it is getting close to that anniversary for John Lennon. Lennon is my Elvis. But not to distract from this anniversay... the world lost one of the greatest artists ever Aug 16, 1977.
A couple other things to note: Hayden has completed his first full week of school. He didn't want to go to school the first day. In fact, his momma had to carry him in. Since then though, school isn't so bad. Evidently you get to color and play. He has also been promoting Frank. I guess now I work for Frank, at least that's what Hayden says. He also refused to allow everyone to begin eating Monday night because he decided that Aunt Tammie was driving to Calester to eat with the family. (this is where we all say AAAAHHHHH)
Zeke came to visit Sunday. He was so cute playing with Millie.
Nicole is hard at working checking students back in for another semester at OU.
Long days and pleasant nights.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Awesome post, just want to say thanks for the share