Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Let's do the timewarp

Have you ever been surprised by Memories? Last night I was going thru pictures and stuff to find something for a new project. While digging in an undocumented stash of pictures, I came upon a cluster of papers from my freshman year at TU.

What a timewarp. There was a letter that had been handed out to us along with the flight itenerary, hotel info and rehearsal schedule for the Washington trip. Right on top of that was the review from the Dallas newspaper that compared me (Tammie Smith) to a young Bernadette Peters. Oh my, has it really been 22ish years since that happened? On the back of this copied article was a letter that I had written to a friend. It talks about a date I had the previous weekend with someone intelligent and a Stephen King fan. He was an English major. I'll be damned if I can remember who that was. Obviously not much has changed about me... still huge King fan and well, I guess since the letter is in my stuff, it was never mailed - again not much of a change for me. lol

It was fun. I found myself laughing and I guess I had that corny smile a person always gets when the past surprises them.

Long Days and Pleasant Nights...

No comments: