Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Beg Ya Pardon...

Tammieland fans, I beg ye pardon for my long absence. I have been a bit pre-occupied if ya kennit. Almost as if I've been todash.

First the weather has been something that even fish are getting tired of. Second, Algebra has been so demanding on my time, and last Millie thinks if I'm home, she has to be on my lap or chasing a toy that I have thrown, or wrestling or, you get the picture.

Then last Friday, I found out that my wonderful boss is leaving Oklahoma. I'm still trying to convince him to take me with. He is moving to St. Louis. This can be a good thing. I will have a free couch to sleep on when I finally save the money to see the Cards play live. Anywho, they have called him about 3 times and he finally said yes. This is the job of a lifetime for him and I'm very happy for him and the family. Yesterday was a weird day in the newsroom. We were all happy celebrating Carole's 25 years as an anchor at our humble station, yet no one was happy about losing our leader. We have him until July 5.

Nicole came to stay with me Thursday night. We had fun just chatting and catching up. (like we never talk on the phone...lol) Her big birthday present to Ryan was leaving town on his 21st birthday. That way she wouldn't get in the way of his celebrations. I added to his bliss with a nice little gift. He is a wonderful young man and Nicole is blessed to have him in her life.

Algebra. I actually turned down two wonderful offers so that I could study. I didn't get to help celebrate my new wonderful friend Missy's 33rd. So sorry, but we will get together again. I still haven't been to Aunt Kathy's paradise vacation resort. (hint) Then Saturday Credence Revisited were performing at Frontier City and I had a free ticket offered. But Patty kept me supplied with the music, calling when she recognized songs, unfortunately she only recognized one. I blame Jimmy for her lack of good education.

I did make it to lunch with Daddy on Sunday. We ate way too much at the Golden Corral. That damn red velvet cake actually called my name when I walked by.

My steadfastness to studies paid off. While I have lost the B average, I am still passing with a 76 average after the first chapter. Now I have learned that I need to keep working the homework sections until I get a 100% on each section. That really makes a difference.

One last thing, please keep my brother Steve in your prayers. His liver biopsy was yesterday. Everything went well, we will know in a couple of days what course will be taken for the treatment of his hep C.

Now, I need to make use of this time to work on Algebra.

Long Days and Pleasant Nights to ya...

No comments: