Sunday, January 31, 2010

Be Still and Know that I am God...


With the Winter Storm of January 2010 now in the books... I was asked to man the helm for the onslaught of Church cancellations and time changes this morning.

Yesterday the producer called me and said "HELP the phones are ringing off the hook!!!!" or something to that effect. So I hitched a ride up Mount Krumpit and spent a few hours assisting in the announcing of church changes. It became very fun when the sun went down and every car on an expressway in Tulsa suddenly crashed. You think I kid, well the scanners began going wild with calls about car crashes. Hwy 169 was literally a sheet of ice - or as one TPD officer stated - a "skating rink" for cars. The highlight, if you can call it that, was a car sliding off a road, hitting a house, then catching on fire.

That brings me to this morning. Up at 5am. Ate my blueberry laden oatmeal, dressed in 3 layers, texted my sister that I would be treking to work, and off I go.

The only coat I have is black (it goes with everything) so I did think to grab a flash light. The walk wasn't very bad. It is a little more difficult in the boots than with my tennis shoes. It was so very quiet. I couldn't help but think of those nights spent at Nannie and Poppie's house as a kid.

Taking a moment to take in the beauty and quiet of God's wonder was a little overwhelming. I wish pictures could capture the whole splendor of it and that I could do a decent job of describing the moment.

It really does help me to remember the face of my father.

Long days and pleasant nights to ye

No comments: