Saturday, January 23, 2010

One Year

We visited again today. As we have throughout the year. Your boys are growing so fast. Hayden loves playing sports. When I saw him play baseball last summer he went up to the plate and before the first pitch he looked back at me and yelled "I'm gonna hit it out of the park Aunt Tammie!" He is so much like you. Skylar loves his Handy Manny toys. He actually spent an hour trying to fix his broken tricycle using his Handy Manny tools. Again, like you.

It has been one year since Skylar went to live with the angels.

Each of our lives have been affected profoundly and we are all handling it in very different ways. Our family is one that draws comfort from the cold stones with the names written on them. Somehow it feels right to sit and talk even though outsiders only see stones and grass.
We bring the vibrant flowers and the memories to this place of solitude. As I stood in the pouring rain, alone with the beautiful flowers recently purchased - I could hear Skylar clearly saying "I love you Aunt Tammie... I won't let you down." I no longer remember if that was the very last conversation we had. I do know that he ended every conversation or visit with a smile and an "I love you."

I love you too, Skylar

No comments: