Monday, October 19, 2009

Mother-In-Law

I can't believe the day has actually come and gone.

Nicole had the most beautiful wedding. It began with an afternoon rehearsal - she arrived 20 minutes late - Jeff even later... We were skeptical about the wedding starting on time. Hayden and Sinclair were super. Sinclair practiced tossing the rose petals while Hayden wondered why the ring bearier only got a stupid pillow. By the time of the wedding we had convinced him his role was equally important.

We then went to a wonderful restaurant compliments of Bill and Deana. Thanks! It was nice getting to catch up with Fr. Bob and Georgia. (that's Father not Friar...)

The day of the wedding Laura and Kyle took the kids to a museum where I hear they were able to hold real snakes. Glad that duty was given to the other parents! Terena and I went over to Nicole's house around 2pm. Terena turned Nicole from a pretty young lady into an absolutely gorgeous young bride. She also helped with the curls on the bridal party.

Nicole jumped into my car for the trip to the chapel. Only one stop was required before arriving - she needed Rooster Booster. For those of you wondering what that is - well basically red bull and Nicole is addicted. Things were pretty calm Saturday. We managed to get Nicole to the chapel and in the dressing room before Ryan arrived. No major incidents happened.

Kevin walked me to my seat and then the show began. The girls and guys were so sharp in their red dresses and matching tuxes. Ryan looked more nervous than I've ever seen him. Then Nicole appeared. She was dazzling. I had promised myself I could handle that moment. Seems I couldn't. My baby girl was walking down the aisle to officially begin the next phase of her life.

How fortunate she is to have the family she is marrying into. Deana will make the best mother-in-law to her. She now has 2 additional sisters and 2 brothers.

A snapshot of the weekend is to your left.

Long days and pleasant nights...

No comments: