Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cat Mommie

Being a cat mommie has given me surprises that no one warned me about.

A few weeks ago I found a dead snake along the fence line. Since I have dogs that were bred to find and kill critters that burrow and slink and it was Toby that brought my attention to the snake, I gave them full credit for the "kill."

Yesterday during my lunch time with the babies Oprah Mae brought a baby snake into the kitchen. She was very proud of her catch. So proud in fact that she tried her best to keep Millie and me from obtaining and killing said catch. When I finally managed to kill the serpent she became bored with it and ate it. This brings me to the conclusion that the first snake was killed by the black panther known as Oprah Mae and simply too big to eat.

Today she went outside to play in the rain. Then came in soaking wet. She jumped on the bed and me to let me know it was raining. Without her, I wouldn't have had a clue.

Long days and pleasant nights...

No comments: