Monday, March 02, 2009

Toby and the Biscuit

Toby came to live with us about 8 1/2 years ago. You would think in that amount of time I would learn to watch my feet.

Yesterday, I was on my last day of "bad" food. I had gone to KFC and had a biscuit with jelly in my hand. I rounded the kitchen table and that's when Toby somehow managed to bring me down.

On my way to the floor I remember hearing him cry twice. All I could think was "Oh my god, I'm hurting Toby." Well after landing I realized that Oprah Mae had also been involved. She, however, got the heck out of Dodge and watched me fall from the safety of my bed. Meanwhile, my bad knee and forehead had taken the brunt of the fall.

I managed to sit up looking around for Toby. Afterall I did think that he was hurt. He crawled onto my lap, putting most of his weight on my now throbbing knee. After he decided that I was ok, he went to recover the biscuit.

I have a big bump on my forehead. It hit the edge of my solid wood step stool. My knee is bruised pretty well. None of the critters felt the need to steal the ice packs, that's good to know.

However, Oprah Mae felt the need to sleep on me all night. Normally she moves to her bed after a few minutes. I guess she was worried about her mommie...

Long days and pleasant nights.

No comments: