Monday, November 10, 2008

Oprah moves in...

So many things have happened since I've last visited here.

We have a new President-elect. I have many things to say on this matter, yet fear for my life if I am honest. Turns out the whole nation now knows what I've been saying for quite some time - I live in the redest dad-gum state this side of - well - HELL - basically. I live in the only state in the Union that being a Democrat that believes in capitol punishment and the right for every citizen over the age of 18 to own an AR-something is considered "way too liberal." I'm just sayin I kept my victory dance confined to my own living room.



Nicole and Ryan actually cleaned up enough to have engagement pics snapped. We had a lot of fun that day. Honestly Deana and I have no idea how we managed to give birth to the absolute cutest two "kids" on EARTH. We are also very pleased that they have turned out to be intelligent and made their voices heard in the Nov. 4 election. Again, I won't mention what candidates they supported - but Inhofe should be worried. Side note: Inhofe supports the rounding up of wild Mustangs and sending them to slaughter in Mexico.

Then yesterday, Nov. 9 (Nicole's birthday) Oprah came to live with Toby, Millie and me. She is a simple black farm girl. Born about 12 weeks ago in the Mazie Prairie. I found out that cats seem to just appear and then simply disappear on the prairie. So when Jo introduced her to me and I saw how attached Colt was, well I couldn't help but adopt the precious little thing. She spent her first night in her new room last night. it has a comfy pink and white blankie, plenty of things that dangle and have to be captured. Just outside her sleeping quarters are a kitchen and potty area. This morning we went off to the vet for a physical. She weighs a whopping 3.1 pounds and is in perfect health. She didn't much care for the poking and prodding, but loved the canned cheese. She is now back in her room. I hope she actually comes out for awhile eventually.
Long days and pleasant nights to ye...

1 comment:

JoJo said...

pooor kitty looks almost evil... we need some more pics :)