Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Allergies

My poor baby girl.

No, not Nicole, although she did smash her thumb in a door today and had to take a tetnus shot. I've been assured that she will survive.

I'm talking about Millie. She has had a rash on her stomach and neck for about a month. I initially thought it was from a pigskin chew toy. But the rash never completely left even though I had taken the chew toy away from her (and Toby) and she had been on benedryl.

Today we loaded up in the car (those pups love a car ride, it generally ends at Nanna's or Aunt Patty's) and went to the Vet. They needed the annual heartworm test. Since I was a month late in getting them there, Toby didn't have to do anything but get weighed. (15 lbs) He was ready to leave, walked on the scale and then straight to the door. I've suggested they move the scale away from the door. But Millie had to be examined because of the rash.

She did pretty well. Only crying a couple of times and trying to get under my shirt to hide. Turns out she has an allergy from the grass. It has turned into a staph infection due to her scratching and licking.

She is now on antibiotic, allergy medicine, heartworm medicine, steroid and flea med. The good thing for her is she gets drug-laced peanut butter. YUMMY! Oh and Toby gets peanut butter. Now I know why she spent the weekend whining. She also kept Toby and me up all night. She couldn't get comfortable and thought it unfair that Toby and I could.

Anywho, let's hope she gets better. The Dr thinks this may only be seasonal. Let's also hope for that. Otherwise she is going to have to move in with Aunt Patty!

Long days and pleasant nights...

1 comment:

PattysFarm said...

Aunt Patty has her own allergies to deal with. Maybe she can go to ...mmmm who has an apartment with very little grass?????